Driver for device ID: ACPI\WEC0518 - Info For Computer

Driver for device ID: ACPI\WEC0518

Driver for device ID: ACPI\WEC0518
What Driver do I need to install for Device ID: ACPI\WEC0518

Solution:

One of my customer asked me which driver I need to install to solve the Unknown device in device manager with device id: ACPI\WEC0518. I have to search and dig online to find it out. The device Id: ACPI\WEC0518 belongs to Winbond SD Card Reader Software. I thought I will share the information here if you are stuck like me, lol

Winbond SD Card Reader Software for Windows XP/2000


Tip: The driver is working in Windows Vista as well.

You may receive a warning when you install it, please ignore it. I found that in Vista sometime the driver may not install automatically, If it happens, a workaround is to use manual driver update by right clicking the device in device manager and point to the folder where SoftPaq has extracted the content. The INF that you need to use is: wbsd.inf, Its working!

Leave a comment if it worked

1 comment


EmoticonEmoticon

Ad Placement

Contact Form